Thursday, April 2, 2009

About Roberto Langdon

Robert Langdon, the character in the novels and the movies is like me.
Robert Langdon is a professor of Religious Symbology at Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. His specialities include classical iconology, symbols of pre-Christian culture, goddess art, and the decryption of ancient ciphers. He has written over a dozen books, including The Symbology of Secret Sects, The Art of the Illuminati, The Lost Language of Ideograms, and the renowned collegiate textbook Religious Iconology. (Source: RobertLangdon.com)
Like Robert, I have an eidetic memory--I can easily recall patterns, symbols and messages with ease, and describe them in detail at a later date. Like Robert, I have a great interest in classic iconology, symbols used in ancient times in the Philippines, and I've written a handful of books detailing these lost cultures, their alphabets and writings, and a few textbooks for universities. And, tragically, like Robert, I have great fear of enclosed spaces, elevators, enclosed cubicles, my faculty restroom... for all intents and purposes, I feel like Robert Langdon.

My real name is Roberto Langco.

And I'm about to encover the truth behind Catholicism in the Philippines.

(And yes I'm a big fan of the books and movies as well!)

...

2 comments:

  1. Wow good luck po sa inyo... maraming katoliko dito sa Pilipinas ma matitigas ang ulo hehehe... baka habulin ka pa ng itak nyan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O baka naman ipako ka sa krus hehe...

    ReplyDelete